Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting ready for CHRISTmas:)

Soooo we FINALLY have some snow, and with it came some severe cold temperatures. Needless to say it's a little hard to keep a 3 year old and a 4 month old happy with the same activities so we've had to get a little creative with our days lately. We've played a lot of "pay" which is what Reese calls playing store. I raid the pantry for random grocery items and then we scan, bag and credit card about 30 times before we switch to playing about 2 hours of playdough. Reese absolutely loves playdough and literally will spend hours creating...which of course is great for me:) Then we do a lot of pretend that I have 2 babies again and Reese (as you can see in this picture) has me treat her like she is a baby all over again. We had some friends of ours over to help us decorate the tree a week ago, Reese's new "favorite" person Melanie and her hubby Adam. It's so cute when she says her name and calls her Melalie. Josh has been passing on his love of computers to Drew...although I think she was more interested in Daddy talking to her then how to look up his fantasy football league score. My whole family is able to make it down for Christmas this year, which I'm soooo very excited about. It's the first Christmas in a while that we all have been together and with 2 new babies to add to Santa's list. If I don't make another post before the big week I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and hope you get to spend oodles of time with the ones you love!!

3 comments:

Krissi said...

What a good Mama you are - we may have to set up shop and play store tomorrow. Keep the ideas coming during these cold months!

Disney Mom said...

Ryan loves to play store and probably would like to play with play-doh more but mom hates the clean up! Your kids will have such good memories!

The Merks said...

Ohhh trust me, if I could get out of playing so much play-doh I would but that cause's major breakdowns and not worth my sanity;)