Monday, August 24, 2009

Conglomeration July-Aug

Sorry, once again I've been slacking on my blogging. I figure we only get such a short time for sunshine and summer, that any free time I have I'm enjoying every second! July was a blur to me so I'll report on August. We started off the month with a wedding! Josh's cousin Joe Merk married my good friend Heidi's sister Amy Brynsten. So now we are kind of related and we both love that. Reese was a flower girl in the wedding along with Halle and Taylor (Heidi's daughter) and loved every second of it. She wore a cute little white dress (that she wears almost every day now) and prances around the house asking me all day " Momma, when do I get to get married? And will Daddy be giving me a ring since I'm marrying him?" It's pretty much the sweetest thing you've ever heard and I know it happens to melt a certain man's heart every time she says it:) Josh's whole family from California came up for the week before the wedding and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins Kelcey and Nick that they don't get to see very often. Unfortunately I didn't a lot of pictures of everyone but did get a cute one of the kids in their matching outfits:) We also have a new baby in the family!! Josh's cousin Sean and his wife Christy had their second baby, a sweet little girl they named Kate Renee Moglia. She was born Aug 3rd at about 9:30 pm I believe...but don't quote me on it. Ahhh I love new babies......
























































After the wedding came my baby's 1st birthday, sigh... how did a year go by so fast. Even now I have a tear in my eye talking about it. I'm realizing I'm not going to do very well on the "letting go" part of being a parent. Josh is definitely in for it with a house full of females and all the emotions! We had a big first birthday party with 50 people, family and friends. The weather was one of the worst days this summer but we had a good time, thanks to everyone for coming! So we officially don't have a baby anymore. I have LOVED every minute, every SECOND and every DAY we have had with our precious Drew. She has enriched our lives and blessed us with her quirky personality, sweet voice, gentle spirit, and irreplaceable snuggles and kisses. I love you sweet baby girl!

No comments: