Here are a couple of shots from Fathers Day last weekend. It was a beautiful weekend with some greatly welcomed sunshine:) Josh spent the whole weekend until Sunday evening fishing and camping and unfortunately, since the rivers are so high, didn't catch a single thing. He had a good time though and Reese really missed him...which is a good thing:) She has been on a "only Mommy kick" for the last month or so and wasn't having a lot to do with him. It's been better this past week which was a big relief...not only for him but for Mom too! I just went to my 33 week appt the other day and booked my final appts until my due date of Aug 9th!! Yikes...I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by and how quickly Aug 9th is sneaking up on us. The next couple weeks I'm hoping to get Reese's big girl room finished and if time permits, get baby Drew's room at least started on. My previous post of "Big girl bed, Sad Mommy" turns out to be on hold for now. She is still in her crib and mostly refuses to sleep in her bed...which has really been ok with me since the crib is the only way I've had to contain the "terrible 2" fits we've been having. I figure since she's potty trained we've got one major milestone completed and big girl bed came come when she's ready. She is my strong willed child and I've learned that fighting anything that really doesn't matter in the big picture just isn't worth it...my sanity that is:) On the other side, the things that she says and notices absolutely blows my mind. I really think she's smarter than her Mom is;) The other day in the car she dropped her juice cup and usually that follows with a screaming session....instead she just said to me" It's ok Mommy, I dropped my juice but you can't turn around right now, we'll get crashed...I'm just going to have to wait till we get home." It's so fun to have a little "person" to hang out with every day now, and she definitely is my little helper. Being pregnant and a bit absentminded, I always seem to "misplace" things (Josh will tell you it's not just a pregnancy thing). When I start trying to figure out where I put the item, Reese will pip in exactly where it is....and she is ALWAYS right. So yes she is really my right hand these days and without her I would probably never find my keys or cell phone:) As you can see from most of the pictures I post, she's rarely without a baby of some sort and usually a stroller. I don't think I have ever seen a kid more nurturing and loving than her...she takes great care in how she wraps them in blankets and always has to have them all in her bed at night. And believe me, if one single one is missing she'll know it:) Anyways, I'm rambling today but as every Mother knows...our children are our heart and soul=)
Friday, June 20, 2008
Fathers Day
Here are a couple of shots from Fathers Day last weekend. It was a beautiful weekend with some greatly welcomed sunshine:) Josh spent the whole weekend until Sunday evening fishing and camping and unfortunately, since the rivers are so high, didn't catch a single thing. He had a good time though and Reese really missed him...which is a good thing:) She has been on a "only Mommy kick" for the last month or so and wasn't having a lot to do with him. It's been better this past week which was a big relief...not only for him but for Mom too! I just went to my 33 week appt the other day and booked my final appts until my due date of Aug 9th!! Yikes...I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by and how quickly Aug 9th is sneaking up on us. The next couple weeks I'm hoping to get Reese's big girl room finished and if time permits, get baby Drew's room at least started on. My previous post of "Big girl bed, Sad Mommy" turns out to be on hold for now. She is still in her crib and mostly refuses to sleep in her bed...which has really been ok with me since the crib is the only way I've had to contain the "terrible 2" fits we've been having. I figure since she's potty trained we've got one major milestone completed and big girl bed came come when she's ready. She is my strong willed child and I've learned that fighting anything that really doesn't matter in the big picture just isn't worth it...my sanity that is:) On the other side, the things that she says and notices absolutely blows my mind. I really think she's smarter than her Mom is;) The other day in the car she dropped her juice cup and usually that follows with a screaming session....instead she just said to me" It's ok Mommy, I dropped my juice but you can't turn around right now, we'll get crashed...I'm just going to have to wait till we get home." It's so fun to have a little "person" to hang out with every day now, and she definitely is my little helper. Being pregnant and a bit absentminded, I always seem to "misplace" things (Josh will tell you it's not just a pregnancy thing). When I start trying to figure out where I put the item, Reese will pip in exactly where it is....and she is ALWAYS right. So yes she is really my right hand these days and without her I would probably never find my keys or cell phone:) As you can see from most of the pictures I post, she's rarely without a baby of some sort and usually a stroller. I don't think I have ever seen a kid more nurturing and loving than her...she takes great care in how she wraps them in blankets and always has to have them all in her bed at night. And believe me, if one single one is missing she'll know it:) Anyways, I'm rambling today but as every Mother knows...our children are our heart and soul=)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you've got the Mommy-thing almost perfected, so it must be about time to throw in another one to make it exciting again! :-) I want to come do pics of Reese, just for my own selfish portfolio reasons. She is the cutest little girl and has the best eyes! Piper has that same stroller and is just like that with her babies. Her and Reese need to have a playdate. Come on over!
Perfected??? Are you serious? Not a chance lady...I felt more in control of things when she was 3 months old than I do now;) At least when they are that little you don't really have to"parent" yet;)
Oh my goodness! That last pic of Reese is ADORABLE! What a little doll you have! I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Oh, and I would have to "second" Krissi's comment on wanting to have a photo session with Reese..she is the perfect subject for any portfolio! :)
Loves!
Sounds like you really have your hands full!! How exciting - August 9th..... I cannot believe it! We are so happy for you guys. I know that Reese will be a wonderful big sister! We are are looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks - I can't hardly wait! Love You!
Post a Comment