It's been a rough couple of weeks for poor little Drew. The day after she turned 8 weeks she had her first tooth break thru!! Yes I know, crazy but it explained a lot. She started absolutely eating her hand all day long and if my fingers got anywhere close to her mouth, she would gnaw on them too. She had also been doing really well in her crib at night and taking a couple of naps in the day and then all of a sudden the minute I lay her down she would start screaming and batting at her ears and eyes.I at first thought, great ear aches ( I had them a lot as a baby) but then checked her mouth one morning and sure enough...a tiny tiny tip of a tooth on her bottom gum. Anyways, it's been hard on her and she's only been able to get some peace if she's in her swing so that's where she's been sleeping the last week. I know it's going to bite me in the behind when we try and get her back in her crib but whatever gets you through I guess. She'll sleep from 11 pm until almost 5 am so it's been soooo nice for me to get some sleep too. She's also started to coo, laugh and smile whenever anyone talks to her. It's so amazing how much they change and how fast they turn from a newborn to a little person! Reese has also been going thru some changes lately..they include not wanting to take naps, not wanting to go to sleep until 11:00 at night, not eating dinner or lunch, talking back, sassing me and pretty much not wanting to do anything we ask her to do! It's been really fun, so much in fact that I decided we needed to get a little help from a parenting class thru our church. She is definitely my strong willed child and we are going to need all the help we can get to make it thru the next 18 years:) That strong willed kid also has a sweet and loving side, thank goodness we still get to see that part too:) She loves her sissy so much and most of the time is so very good with her. Before the whole teeth incident started Drew would have a couple of minutes before her nap or bedtime where she would cry and fuss and Reese couldn't stand it. One night I had put Drew to bed and she was crying a bit and all of a sudden on the monitor I could hear a sweet little voice saying " shh shh little sissy, don't cry it's ok...Reesey is here." Talk about the cutest thing I have ever heard:)
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
The girls..
It's been a rough couple of weeks for poor little Drew. The day after she turned 8 weeks she had her first tooth break thru!! Yes I know, crazy but it explained a lot. She started absolutely eating her hand all day long and if my fingers got anywhere close to her mouth, she would gnaw on them too. She had also been doing really well in her crib at night and taking a couple of naps in the day and then all of a sudden the minute I lay her down she would start screaming and batting at her ears and eyes.I at first thought, great ear aches ( I had them a lot as a baby) but then checked her mouth one morning and sure enough...a tiny tiny tip of a tooth on her bottom gum. Anyways, it's been hard on her and she's only been able to get some peace if she's in her swing so that's where she's been sleeping the last week. I know it's going to bite me in the behind when we try and get her back in her crib but whatever gets you through I guess. She'll sleep from 11 pm until almost 5 am so it's been soooo nice for me to get some sleep too. She's also started to coo, laugh and smile whenever anyone talks to her. It's so amazing how much they change and how fast they turn from a newborn to a little person! Reese has also been going thru some changes lately..they include not wanting to take naps, not wanting to go to sleep until 11:00 at night, not eating dinner or lunch, talking back, sassing me and pretty much not wanting to do anything we ask her to do! It's been really fun, so much in fact that I decided we needed to get a little help from a parenting class thru our church. She is definitely my strong willed child and we are going to need all the help we can get to make it thru the next 18 years:) That strong willed kid also has a sweet and loving side, thank goodness we still get to see that part too:) She loves her sissy so much and most of the time is so very good with her. Before the whole teeth incident started Drew would have a couple of minutes before her nap or bedtime where she would cry and fuss and Reese couldn't stand it. One night I had put Drew to bed and she was crying a bit and all of a sudden on the monitor I could hear a sweet little voice saying " shh shh little sissy, don't cry it's ok...Reesey is here." Talk about the cutest thing I have ever heard:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What cute girls you have! Sorry about Drew's tooth. I'm sure there are more to follow! Just get it all over with and on to bigger and better parts of being a baby! Good luck with that one. I hope you're making a blog book so you can look back at all this fun you're having!
I can't believe she has a tooth already! Cali just got her first one last month (at 11 months) and I can't imagine goin through all that at 8 weeks when they are still trying to figure out a schedule and all that. I love the polk-a-dots on Drew. Your girlies are so cute. I can't remember when Reese's birthday is, but the behavior you described is exactly what Ryan started to do when he turned 3, so hopefully it is just a little stage she is going through. It is hard to stay mad when they are so cute though, isn't it?!
Post a Comment