Monday, February 25, 2008

Kelowna trip




Reese and I just returned from our 10 day trip to Kelowna to visit the new Russell family. As you can see from the picture at the top, Reese has got the motherly instincts in her:) She just had to have the boppy to "feed" her baby and watched how we all held Sayler's head and mimicked every movement. It was so great to see her being so gentle with a new baby and reassured me that when baby comes in August she'll be a great older sister and big help to Mommy=) We spent the week just hanging out and doing lots of cuddling. Unfortunately Tracy got an infection from the C-sec and has had a rough go of it so it was extra nice to be able to spend a lot of time with her. Sayler and I had some 2 am parties so Mommy could sleep and I have to say, it was the best 2 am party I've had in a while. She is such a great baby, has her nights and days mixed up a bit but is healthy and already gained back her birth weight and then some...that's some gooooood moo Momma:) Reese spent a lot of time going for walks, feeding the ducks, riding up and down the elevator...or alligator as she called it and swimming in the pool with her Papa, which gave my Mom and I more time to just help Tracy. A great week and nice to get away for a while, although we both really missed Josh. It was really hard to leave them but hopefully someday that will change and we can live closer:)

3 comments:

Kara H said...

Soooo sweet! Sayler is such a doll! Reese is so cute with her...she is going to be a GREAT big sissy! How fun!
Loves,
Kara

Krissi said...

Oh she is so cute! It's funny to see her binky in that first picture - she looks so motherly and then has a binky. So cute!
I didn't know you guys were expecting in Aug. too! Congrats!!! Baby Saylor is adorable! I love her little expression in the black and white pic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pics Punkin.We had a great time with you guys and Reesey.Love Papa Canada