Sunday, February 17, 2008

I've arrived!



She's here!!! My beautiful niece Sayler Elizabeth Russell entered the world tuesday Feb 12th at 7:15 am after about 25 hours of labor and an emergency C-sec. Mommy and Baby are doing well...a little sore and tired but both are troopers and tough little ladies:) She's got a head of hair that I'm jealous of and her Momma's temper..or so her Daddys say, but most of all she is so absolutely gorgeous she takes my breath away. Reese and I are spending the week in Kelowna hanging out and being as helpful as we can, as well as fitting in a little pool time at the condo with Mama and Papa. Thanks for all your prayers, they were definitely answered as her Doctors made the right choices to get Sayler here safely and keep her Mommy safe too.

4 comments:

Disney Mom said...

Super cute!! Why did they have to do a c-sec? Just wondering since I had to have them too. And why does your sister look so beautiful after just having 25 hours of labor AND then surgery??

Kara H said...

So exciting! Congrats you guys! She is beautiful!

Krissi said...

Ya, I double that comment from Carissa. She looks so good, let alone just having a baby!!! I love that name - Saylor. I might have to put that on our list for the next one, since all our names are 'er' names.

The Merks said...

First off my sister is just one of those horrible people who looks great no matter what...sickening I know, try being the "other" sister;)Tee Hee And the reason for the C-sec was that every time she pushed baby's h/b dropped big time and she had somehow turned and was facing the wrong way.