Well it's all over and we're home safe and sound:) Wow was the second time around ever a better, easier experience!!! I went in at 5 am, they started the potocin at 6, broke my water at 7, gave me some of the best topper drug I've ever had and voila 10:41 am she was outta there!! I only pushed for 10 minutes for a total of 5-6 pushes and out came my little 7lb 11 oz, 18 1/2 inch angel!! Such an incredible moment, as it was with Reese of course....just a lot calmer and more peaceful. We only had to stay one night in the hospital and checked out at 10:41am the next morning!! So far Reese has been absolutely incredible with Drew...very gentle and eager to kiss her every chance she gets. Our first night home( last night) was a long one, but not b/c she screamed all night. Just fussy and restless so we'll see how night #2 goes. We are soooo in love with her and yes everyone is right, a mother's love is endless and boundless....my cup runneth over=)
Saturday, August 16, 2008
She's here!!!
Well it's all over and we're home safe and sound:) Wow was the second time around ever a better, easier experience!!! I went in at 5 am, they started the potocin at 6, broke my water at 7, gave me some of the best topper drug I've ever had and voila 10:41 am she was outta there!! I only pushed for 10 minutes for a total of 5-6 pushes and out came my little 7lb 11 oz, 18 1/2 inch angel!! Such an incredible moment, as it was with Reese of course....just a lot calmer and more peaceful. We only had to stay one night in the hospital and checked out at 10:41am the next morning!! So far Reese has been absolutely incredible with Drew...very gentle and eager to kiss her every chance she gets. Our first night home( last night) was a long one, but not b/c she screamed all night. Just fussy and restless so we'll see how night #2 goes. We are soooo in love with her and yes everyone is right, a mother's love is endless and boundless....my cup runneth over=)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats!!!!! We are so happy for you and your beautiful family! We have been wating anxiously for the news. We love you guys!
The Fritz Family
Congrats Paula!!! (And family too) I thought about you as I was mopping my floor Thursday morning, hoping you were having a quick delivery. Glad it went good and everyone is adjusting to life with another little one in charge of the house schedule for a while!
Congrats Paula! You look so good and I can't believe you went home after only one night! I am a wimp and like to be waited on so I stay as long as possible--and with a c-section that usually means 3 or 4 nights. So does she have a middle name?
Thanks girls:) Her full name is Drew Kinlee Merk. Things are going pretty good, went to the Dr. today and 4 days after birth she's already a pound over her birth weight! My milk came in saturday night and as it was with Reese, pure cream;) Anyways thinking of you Krissi, hope it's soon if not already!! Love you all
Ahh, so sweet. Congrats on your new addition!! I see that daddy has his own baby to hold in that picture, too funny.
Post a Comment