Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A ballerina and a smile































A big week in the Merk household. Reese took her first Ballet/Tap class at Dance Wise studios and Drew smiled for the first time. You can see her tiny smile in the pictures with Reese, but her actual first smile was to Me (yaaa Mom) one morning in the wee hours where she thought it was pretty humorous that she woke up 2 times in an hour to eat... it's a good thing she's as cute as she is:) Reese absolutely loves LOVES her dance classes, it's all she talks about now and most days runs around the house in her tap shoes...which I might add, keeps the noise level at an all time high. Watching her dance with her little friend Taylor was about the sweetest thing I have ever seen and yes, I teared up a bit of course. It's a first independant step for her and for me too, but I couldn't be more proud of her and the charming little lady she is becoming. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of her first class, as she got a hold of my camera afterwards and deleted every picture I had on it...she has another class today so I'll get those posted as soon as I get my camera back from my fishing hubby.

3 comments:

Krissi said...

In that first picture, it almost looks like Drew has a dimple. Does she??? Adorable pictures of your sweet girls. And dance class too. What fun! Just as long as she gets a feel for softball cleats along with her tap shoes! ;-)

Krissi said...

P.S. I love it when you post a new comment on my blog cuz it means you've posted new pictures on yours!

The Merks said...

Yes she does have a dimple...2 to be exact. My Mom has them and blue eyes and so far those seem to only be getting bluer by the day...we'll see:)